On vents

I couldn’t go to sleep with that vent still open, especially right after cleaning it out. So, I ran outside with some calipers, then I did a thing in SolidWorks:

gpX9OyYh.png

Then got it ready for printing

csI1RGnh.png

The hole:

5komDDkh.jpg

The cover:

YBOTDz7h.jpg

mxYSYHKh.jpg

Boom, fits first try!

KMGPDGWh.jpg

It’s shorter than the flooring

lrq9esUh.jpg

Glued down:

59RTF7ih.jpg

Took maybe 2 hours to print. I had it going while I cooked dinner. Total plastic usage: .06 lbs, or about 3% of a roll of filament. The filament I used (WYZ ABS) is $17/kg. That’s $.51 in plastic for the print. Electricity averages $.09/kWh, and the printer pulls 300W at full tilt heating, and 110W after it’s heated up and printing. Let’s just say, worst-case, it cost another $.11 to print, in electricity.

Less than a dollar!

Advertisements

One thought on “On vents

Tell me what I've done wrong here:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s