Today was one of the big paint days! Armed with five cans of Rustoleum 2x Gloss White, two rolls of duct tape, a roll of painter’s tape, and seven disposable felt blankets, I drove over to my friend’s house and we started.
Not pictured: sanding all of the black paint just one more time to get rid of any residual oil and burrs.
First, taped up the windshield:
Then, the driver’s side windows:
And the passenger side:
Detail shot. From the Barrett Jackson show that started today:
Then I drove it (very carefully) into the garage, and we taped up the blankets:
Yet another timeskip. Three cans of paint later:
(note: imgur name for this picture: “DRRR”)
Aaaaand, the big reveal. Tape and blankets removed!
There are a few spots the painter’s tape wasn’t pushed down, but I”ll touch them up later with a foam brush and some paint. Easy peasy, and it’s not like the rest of the bus is perfect in any way. Some smudges here or there are by far the least of my problems with this paintjob.
While I was waiting for the paint to harden up enough to drive home with, we installed the rear signal marker lights. The LH side one the PO had was old and from a boat or something, and the RH side one was missing entirely, as the entire RH rear corner is a patch panel and Bondo.
We also kinda painted the roof maybe, but the roof wasn’t really high priority. It’s more like we were trying to use up the rest of the can of paint. Don’t think too much of it.